It's time to start planning for the Memphis Camera Club's annual year end photo competition. Here is some information about the competition and awards ceremony.
Any active member may compete. Active members are those that have paid their dues.
- What photographs may I enter?
Any photograph entered during the 2019 competition year (Jan 2019-Dec. 2019) may be entered in the annual competition. All entries must be entered in original format, and category. A photograph entered as a digital image in a monthly competition must be entered as a digital in the annual competition, and a Landscape image must be entered as a Landscape. The exception to this are images that were noted as being in the wrong monthly category at the time of competition. For example, composite images go in the Creative category.
- How many images am I allowed to enter?
1 to 6 images total. (for example, 3 entries in Print and 3 entries in Digital OR all six entries in Digital).
- How do I enter “Assigned Category” images in the annual competition?
There is no assigned category in the annual competition, so place assigned category images in the proper monthly category most applicable to your image subject.
- What is the deadline for entries?
Sunday, December 8th, 2019 @ 11:30 pm.
All images (digital and prints) must be entered using MCC’s visual pursuit competition website, same as a standard monthly entry. Then deliver all prints at the December 5th competition night.
Two competitions have been created with a closing date of 12/8/19, titled 2019 Year End Digital, and 2019 Year End Print. Actual competition date is 12/19/19. Make sure not to confuse these year end competitions with the regular December monthly competitions.
If wanted you can enter images using “Add Images from my Image Library”.
- Log in to mcc.visualpursuits.com
- Under COMPETITION pick “Select Images to a Competition”
- Select either 2019 Year End Digital, or 2019 Year End Print
- Select “Add Images from my Image Library”, a search window comes up, be sure to
- UNCHECK the box “Include images never entered into competition”
- VERY IMPORTANT::Set Competition Type to either “Monthly Digital Competition”, OR “Monthly Print Competition” depending on what type you are entering.
- Select “Search for Images” Thumbnails found from the search will be shown at bottom of pages. Hint: at bottom of page set page size to 50 to see all images.
- Check mark the 6 images you want to submit.
- Select “Finished Marking Desired Images”
- IMPORTANT: The default category will be “Animal” so if different you MUST set to desired category. A file “2019 Entry List through November” is available that shows all of your entries through Nov. 2019, and what category was used.
- That’s it you have entered images, All Done
Year End Print entries are to be delivered at the December 5th Competition Thursday meeting or to Allen Sparks’ resident (1495 Wood Trail Circle, Cordova, TN 38016; phone 901-604-7654) no later than Dec 8th. Please have labelled prints in a portfolio with your name on it.
- What are arrangements for the awards ceremony?
The ceremony is currently scheduled for 7:00 p.m., Jan. 23th, in the hospital’s auditorium.
Three volunteer judges will pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place images in each category, plus they will pick a Digital Image of the Year, and a Print of the Year.
All placed images are eligible for the year end exhibit which will be announced later.
Best Regards and Good Luck,